If i find something i like, I'll share it here. if i find something i hate, I'll share it here. If i find something
- you get the idea

Thursday 17 June 2010

Faith

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.


The most emotional words I've heard for a while now. Invictus was a short poem written by the English poet, William Ernest Henley. You probably wouldn'tve heard of him, but he wrote the most influential poem (in my opinion) ever.This here is the first prose, the rest of the poem is here.

Onto to today's post. Ask yourself a question. What is the reason behind every quarrel? What is the reason behind every broken relationship? What is the reason behind every single breakdown? People giving too much of a fuck. I thank God for giving me the gift, of not caring what others say, and not letting it affect me. I believe God gave everyone this gift, they just have to find it. If my all my friends came up to me and told me they hated me, and i had no social life, i'd nod, and get back to whatever I was doing. You can tell me that everyone talked behind my back, and i wouldn't give any more of a fuck. I simply don't need any of this, because it doesn't need me, gettin' me? The whole idea is not letting anyone demise you, or bring you down, by being unconquerable. Why do people cry about the slightest oscillation in their social lives? Because they're too attached to it, they think it's an essential part of their life, and i'll agree, it's essential. But when it all falls apart, you can survive without it, you can live a better life, and start a new page, just keep fighting 'till it's over. Music is my only companion if it all goes down, along with running. 

To stray off-topic for a bit, when people ask what I do in my free time, I say i run, then they all go 'but you're not fat blah blah blah'. Their minds immediately think of running as a fat-burning activity. I know it may look like it is, but i jog for anything BUT to lose weight, jogging is my way of releasing stress, and expressing myself. I jog to prove myself wrong, to prove the ultimate saying, 'never judge a book by it's cover'. You know those show-off-I-can-whoop-your-ass-with-my-abs kind of guys? They wouldn't think that I, the 107KG 6'2" person I am, can probably outrun them, and run further than all of them put together. I'm not bragging, I'm just saying. Never judge.

Back to the post, The way I see it, is not getting too attached too anything (or anyone), because if it all collapses, what are you going to do? besides let it affect everything else that hasn't collapsed, causing IT to go wrong. If any of that makes sense, Thats the point i'm trying to get accross. Don't let anyone/anything get you, because the only harm done is to you, not anyone else, and if you let them get to you, it'll make them happy getting you down. Keep the faith, and you'll see that you might be better off without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment