If i find something i like, I'll share it here. if i find something i hate, I'll share it here. If i find something
- you get the idea

Tuesday 2 February 2010

GulfRun 5

Mark [248AM] and Marzouk [ZDistrict] both said that this year's GulfRun was pretty epic (especially Marzouk!) If i stay in the middle east long enough to get a driver's liscence, theres no chance in hell im missing that year's GulfRun. It seemed pretty awesome, with all the (i have to say AMAZING) cars that participated this year (including my favourite - The Nissan GT-R, rightfully dubbed 'Godzilla'). Besides the cars, and the drivers, the thing that impresses me the most, is that someone (the creaters of GulfRun) is trying hard to turn the Middle east to an International hub for everything. Dubai started with, well, basically everything IN Abu Dhabi, and that worked. Bahrain followed by constructing the Formula 1 Track (where GulfRun was hosted). And now thats all being put to good use. Good Job guys. Its these kind of people that are gonna get the Middle east famous (for Business, not bombs), its working for the future and having an open mind, not holding up the present and being so close minded (*cough* Saudi Arabia with the Pakistani diplomat *cough*). I have nothing against Saudi Arabia(i lived there when i was born for about 5 or 6 months) my parents tell me its a great country, i quote my dad "Riyadh would be like New York if you take away the Saudi Arabian thinking".
 Okay im going completely off topic, so I'll just stop here before i wander off haha.

Mark's review of the weekend here (Day 1) and here (Day 2)
Marzouq's opinion of the GR here

Peace out K-town

(Picture courtesy of www.ZDistrict.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment